Here are a few suggestions of parts that can be fabricated through this service:
- Gearbox plates
- Material for angles, before being bent by you
- Custom brackets and gussets
- Sprockets (without chamfered teeth)
- Electrical layout panels
- Robot belly pans
Having issues getting a quote? Send us an email via email@example.com with your STEP and DXF file(s) along with the outer dimensions of your part. We can help clean up files, or help identify any issues that may be preventing a quote from going through.
Fulfillment:Please note that the chosen Fulfillment Option is in addition to the cost and time it takes to ship the package - see our shipping page for more information. We also will not schedule the cutting fabrication until we receive payment for the order. If the order includes additional AndyMark products, they will all ship together after the waterjet parts have been processed.
Design Best Practices:
- The DXF file must be version 14 or newer with specified measurement units to be processed.
- Attention OnShape Users: to make sure your files get processed & scaled correctly, make sure your workspace units are set to inches, and then when you export the DXF file set the version to 2018.
- The minimum hole size is 0.09 inches
- Inside corners will be cut to have a radius of 0.020" if no fillet is present
- Larger radius dimensions on corners will speed up the cut and generally reduce cost
- No part can be larger than 4'x4'
- Accuracy of cuts no tighter than +/- 0.007"
- This includes the slight taper caused by the jet
- Design holes for bearings to be at least 0.007" diameter smaller than the final bearing diameter. The customer will need to provide finishing reaming / drilling / sanding to get final bearing diameter.
- Parts are sent WITHOUT deburring or sanding, so they may have sharp corners and edges. Most parts will require some post-processing by the customer.
- Steel parts are likely to have slight surface rust.
My aluminum looks GREAT. The cuts were perfect!!
Placed order with expedited 3 day cutting and ...
Placed order with expedited 3 day cutting and faster shipping. Needed to call after 3 days to get parts cut. Andymark did try to make up for delayed cutting by upgrading the shipping, but still didn't arrive on time. Parts were rusted on arrival. I suspect they were packed and shipped while still wet. Required sanding to remove rust. Part dimensions were slightly off (compared to 3D printed parts made from same CAD file), needed to use rotary tool to shave parts down. AndyMark Response: We are aware of the issues related to this order and are updating our processes to improve the experience. Steel parts are likely to have slight surface rust.
Parts conform to drawing with once order, made ...
Parts conform to drawing with once order, made in wrong material (too thin) for other order but still acceptable. There appears to be mild deburring via tumbling applied. More will be needed when you receive your parts. Turn around is slow compared to other services. Shipping is (relatively) expensive. Cost per part is competitive.
Andymark, especially Adam, did a great job helping me get the parts we needed and they turned out great. We got them in a timely manner.
Ordered 0.25" steel plate for saw table upgrade. Part came quick and quality for as cut, no post processing is excellent. Price is very good. Will definitely use again - I am literally in the process of ordering more parts now. The system is picky about the dxf file. Only one of my CAD tools produced a file that the ordering system liked. Alibre CAD worked fine, Fustion 360 DXF causes a "missing file" error. Something is different in the Fusion DXF header but haven't homed in on it yet.